See our safety for yourself
Steps We Are Taking To Keep You Safe
We understand the coronavirus pandemic has made many people nervous about seeking out surgical care. Your safety is our utmost concern. Your care is important, so please don’t delay your surgery or health issues because you are worried about entering a healthcare facility.
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe:
The Surgery Center is a controlled space, staffed by providers who understand and have experience in managing infection and disease. Providing exceptional infection control precautions is simply a daily way of life for us. Please be aware that we are taking even further steps to ensure your safety and comfort specific to COVID-19.
- We are taking extra precautions to pre-screen patients prior to their arrival at the center. We are rescheduling any patient who does not meet our strict health guidelines that follow CDC, federal and state recommendations.
- As part of pre-operative preparation, all patients are being tested for COVID-19. These tests are not administered on site at The Surgery Center, further reducing the risk of illness spread.
- On the day of the surgery, all patients are provided a COVID rapid-test, as an added precaution.
- A new surgical mask will be provided to each patient at the front door where they are screened.
- Patient companions will be asked to wait in their cars during check-in and procedures unless they are needed by the patient. They will be called to pick up the patient at our designated pick-up zone and will be given discharge instructions then. If a patient support member needs to enter the center, they must undergo the same health screening as patients and follow all applicable center safety measures.
- All center staff will undergo daily temperature checks and screenings for symptoms of illness.
- Clinical and business staff will wear surgical masks at all times.
- Reduced operating rooms from nine to five, with physical separation of operating rooms and associate staff
- A strict no visitor policy and no family in the waiting area (with exceptions made for those with special needs/accommodations)
- Modified building flow to allow for only one entrance (main entrance) into the building and one exit (discharge exit) for patient pick-up
- Public areas are cleaned daily. This includes high touch surfaces such as chair arms, doorknobs, tabletops, countertops, handles, sinks and faucets.
- We clean every operating room and patient bay both after every patient. In addition, we clean all of our public areas throughout the day and are minimizing traffic in those areas. The disinfectants used are the same that are used to terminally clean and are rated to kill the COVID-19 virus.
- Our cleaning procedures adhere to the most stringent CDC, federal and state recommendations and are regularly reviewed by our administration.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented. This includes:
- Limiting the number of patients in the center at any given time
- Spacing out chairs so they are at least six feet apart in the waiting area
- Minimizing patient touchpoints
- Prohibiting visitors unless absolutely necessary